Thursday, May 28, 2009

Evening musings




I often rave about the view from my front porch, because I find it soothing to sit out there at night, especially in the spring and early summer, and look at all the greenery around me. So here are a couple of shots of what I see (a couple of others didn't come out as scenic as they really are, but sometimes I feel like I'm in a park. Except in the hottest weather, there's a breeze, and it's just a wonderful place to be. I was in the doldrums today, so sitting out there helped. So did coming home from work and making a list of things I want to accomplish. Cleaning closets is on it, but it isn't likely to happen any time soon. One shelf in my closet is so overloaded with bags holding gift wrapping supplies that they keep falling on the floor and I trip over them. Oh, well.
Weight Watchers is only going so-so. I've changed so many habits and cut out so many things I usually eat that I can't believe I'm not perfect, but staying under 19 points is really hard for me (Jeannie gets 22 but she's taller than I am!). I've only lost 5.2 lbs. in 5 weeks, and I looked at my averages today and they don't look good. I almost never stay under the 19, and I use up a lot (but never all) of my bonus points. What are they there for? I could give up my evening wine, but as a friend said to me last night, "You have to have some pleasures left in life." And because I started in the doldrums today, I'm going to defiantly allow myself one small piece of chocolate. But, hey, I'm eating steamed squash without butter, spinach with lemon, tomatoes, and hearts of palm--all point free!
Tonight I've had an inspiration about moving some parts of the end of the current WIP (that's short for Work in Progress, thank you) and that's my project. And then I'm reading a really good novel by Julie Hzyz about a White House chef. I'll report on it as soon as I finish it.

No comments: