Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A writing day

Of course, I meant to devote the whole day to writing, but that didn't happen. Jacob woke at 6:45 and by 7 a.m. was crying, "I want out." So I stumbled out of bed and got him. Unlike last night, he was a live wire, into everything. But I eventually did manage to get both of us dressed, fed, and ready for the world by the time his folks came at ten. I immediately set off for Central Market with a longer list in hand than usual--I guess! I spent over a hundred dollars, and that included $10 off on a lb. of salmon.. I'm going to have to cut down on my indulgences. It also took me a long time to shop for some reason, so I rushed home, put up the groceries--almost everything I buy there is perishable--and then called my old and dear friend Margaret to say I'd pick her up for lunch. We ate at the Swiss Pastry Shop where my favorite meal is one bratwurst, potato salad (very mustardy) and kraut. Then I bamboozled her into going with me to the car wash so I'd have someone to talk to while I waited, which was a long time. Trouble is they didn't clean the back seat, which is all muddy and full of hair from Scooby's frantic two trips to the vet. I'll have to do that as soon as it's a warm day. Today was medium cold but so windy it felt frigid.
I came home, settled at my computer, wrote about a thousand words, and then had the loveliest long nap. Cooked myself Dover sole with mushrooms and scallions--delicious. And I splurged on a jar of hearts of palm (one of my indulgence

No comments: