Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A food entry

Last weekend as Jordn and Christian left after picking up Jacob I said offhandedly that the menu of the week was buffalo meatloaf. She emailed Wed. that they'd like to come Thurs. tonight. I had all the ingredients for the meatloaf, but realized I didn't have a side dish nor enough lettuce for salad, which Jordan devours. So I rushed to the store this morning, got bacon and canned sliced potatoes (honest, they're easy and they hold together a lot better than ones you boil yourself--this is the only recipe I use them for). I had made the meatloaf last night, so tonight I made the bourbon sauce and potato salad. If I could figure out how to cut and paste on the blog, I'd insert the recipe here, but alas and alack I'm not that smart.
Jordan and Jay my neighbor, have this thing going where when Jay is here for dinner, he calls her and asks where she is and she says she wasn't invited; and it works the other way around when she's here. So yesterday when Susan took me to pick up my car, I told her they should come tonight, and they did. A jolly time was hard by all, including Jacob who delighted in scaring Susan with his dinosaur--she reacted appropriately--and who refused to eat off his own plate but ate tons off his dad's plate. Jay is too quick about refilling drinks and the wine flowed, but it was fun.
Today, Jean, Jeannie, Melinda and I once again toured the Moncrief garden, figuring out where this, that and the other would be. Jeannie took a ton of pictures. The garden is on the edge of blooming, and even now, it's lovely. You tend to get overwhelmed by the garden and overlook the wonderful sculptures they have scattered around. It's a magic place, and it will make a lovely setting for Books & Music in the Garden.
Jordan, Jacob, and I were to go to Frisco for Edie's sixth bday Saturday, but Jamie notified us today that Maddie has the flu, so the trip is cancelled. I may get a lot of writing done. I looked at how much I've written lately and relized it's quite a bunch. Ever hopeful, I am plugging along.

No comments: