Sunday, December 21, 2008

Safely in Houston

Today I rode to Houston with people I didn't know--the driver works with Jordan and was a delightful young woman. She and family (two cars caravaned) were headed for Galveston and a cruise to Mexico. They were kind enough to bring me as far as Spring (north of Houston) where by pre-arrangement Colin met us at a Coney Island restaurant. So here I am settled in with two grandchildren who didn't take as long to remember me as I was afraid they would. It will be a busy week--cooking, shopping, Colin's office party (children and grandparents invited apparently). But it will also be a lazy week of reading and napping. And somehow I intend to get back to my mystery. But for ten days, I'm going to think as little as I can about my office.

No comments: