Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Home again


Got home about 2 p.m. on Tuesday. When I left for this long visit, I thought I'd be itching to get back by the time Jordan got there, but I wasn't at all. I was reluctant. I didn't want to face my responsibilities, especially the in-depth report I have to write about the press. I wanted to stay and play with Morgan and Kegan, read, eat Lisa's delicious meals, and sleep in that comfortable bed. But now I'm home, have been to Central Market (my goodness, when did ham get so expensive!), and am settled at my desk. I'm gradually putting away this and that from Christmas but will leave the house decorated until after tomorrow.

My last day in Houston ended with a bang--a trip to the Houston Zoo, where Colin and Lisa are members so that they can take the children often. This picture is probably one of my favorites of the whole trip. Kegan wanted to hold my hand, but he also wanted to catch up with the "big" kids and tried to urge me ahead--I figured we were already going at top speed for either of us.
I've gotten out my notes on the report I have to write, answered all the Christmas mail, unpacked the suitcase and--ooops! forgot to start the washer. Yep, I'm home, but I truly hope to take the relaxation of Houston into the New Year with me. May you all have a happy, blessed, and stress-free 2009.

No comments: