Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Workload

Sometimes my desk is empty, except for those projects rattling around in my head. Last weekend, I spent a lot of time reading mysteries--and loved it. Then Tuesday I went to staff meeting and a load of work fell on my head--by working Tuesday and today, I'm almost through the pile but will go in tomorrow. Then today I got a request from a university press to edit a manuscript that sounds interesting--due to get it next week. And my agent requested tip sheets on the second mystery (it's all written but I don't think the blurb is) and on two more books, one a new series, that are so far only vague ideas in my head. So I have some real work cut out for me--and I love it. Going to start on the first page or two of the new mystery tonight because I've been tossing it around in my head when I can't sleep. But I still want to finish the mystery I'm reading--see? There's lots to do, all of it good.
Had lunchtoday with an old friend from the '80s. She's been back in town for two years or more but has been a high school principal with no time. Now she has several part-time jobs (which sound like they keep her busier than ever) but she has time for lunch, so we played catch up. She's always been a supporter of TCU Press--worked there eons ago--and is interested in what's going on. So it was a delightful lunch hour.

No comments: