Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tweeting on Twitter

I signed up for Twitter months ago, but it has baffled me. I only posted five tweets in that whole time--not good use of a social networking tool. So I signed up for an extended education course at TCU--Jamie told me it was eassy to master, and I was wasting my money, but I really think in two hours I learned a whole lot. But I learned about tiny urls among other things, how to RT, what a hash sign is, and so on. Figure that out by myself? Probably never.Almost like an overload of information, that I'll have to process over time and experiment with. On the TIP sheet that my agent sent though, there's a space to indicate if you have a Twitter account--it, like Facebook and this blog, are ways to keep your name before the public and, someday I hope, sell books. But it's also like all the rest of social networking--it takes time. Still I'm going to try to be an active participant.
Of course I'm still puzzled that my children seem to feel obligated to tell the world where they're eating, etc., so you get a minute picture of the day. Oh well, I used to complain I didn't hear from them enough. Now I keep up withthem all the time. Nice to know they're alive and well and happy.
Found lunch money in the laundry today--when I took wet clothes out of the dryer. Fifteen soggy dollars--a ten and five ones--that I laid out on the kitchen counter to dry. And some change--I think I still hear change floating around in the dryer.
Most discouraged when I stepped on the scale this morning. Must have been that chocolate mousse. I'm back to Weight Watchers with a vegeance. I do use my new scale, and today I got out a measuring cup.I'm really going to keep track and be honest, about everything from tuna salad to wine! Salad for lunch--with blue cheese dressing, but it wasn't too bad in points. They served fried pita on the side, which I determined not to eat--but tasted a small piece and ended up eating four small pieces. So good, but not for diets, as Vance, the owner of the restaurant, smilingly agreed.
Warm spell in North Texas, but the stock show has two or three more weeks to go--who knows what can happen?

No comments: