Friday, November 14, 2008

Still busy days

I thought today would be calm, but it turned out not to be. Went for an early morning haircut--my haircut lady changed the way my hair was swept from one side to the other, and I'm still fighting the urge to smooth it back the other way. But I had several compliments on it. Of course, I was quite late for work, and then I left quite early to go to the church bazaar (sort of a disappointment) with Jean and Jeannie, then for a great lunch of bratwurst, kraut and potato salad. And then we ran an errand. I though I had plenty of time to nap before an early dinner, but a crisis came up--material had to go to the newspaper today or our Dec. 5 event would not get publicity. Ended up that I had to go back to the office in my "napping clothes"--T-shirt, cotton flannel pants and obviously worn tennis shoes.
I did get a nap, was all dressed and ready for dinner and the phone began to ring: first Megan--we had a good visit and hung up when she got to the grocery and needed to run in; then Megan again, asking a political question. I thought it was strange that she'd call twice, but when she asked something about my Christmas list, I said, "Be sure to talk to Lisa." The voice responded, "Who do you think you're talking to? This is Lisa." Oh my. So we had a good laugh. But then Colin called and said, "This is Jamie," which of course I knew wasn't true. By then Linda from Granbury was here and ready for dinner. We went to Lili's Bistro and I had the most interesting--and amazing--dish: an avocado, apparently whole, but stuffed with spinach and mushooms, topped with scallions and tomato bits, and on a bed of black bean puree and couscous. Really good.
Okay now it's late, and I'm sure I'm not in the mood to review budget cuts for TCU Press next year, but that's the task that looms before me. And then there's the cookbook--maybe I'll do that.

No comments: