Tuesday, November 18, 2008

No justice

viThere is no justice in this world, I decided tonight. After my traumatic experience at the dentist yesterday, tonight I pulled the temporary filling out (with a chocolate bar--okay I knew my addiction to chocolate would get me into trouble!). So I'll have to go back tomorrow. Hoping I can make a quick trip in the morning. Megan said tonight I should take someone with me, but I can't do that all the time. If I feel uncertain, I'll call and ask a receptionist to come get me. And I'll probably ask one to walk me out.
The uncertainty about my balance lingers after yesterday's experience, just when I was getting my confidence back. Today Melind and I had lunch with two promising potential authors to talk about their project, which is really a good one. They're wildly enthusiastic, which is good, and they have good material. Melinda joined me because she can advise them about number of images, length of text, etc. better than I can. Between the two of us, it went well, and they said over and over that we had given them good advice. But as lunch drew to a close, I was thinking, "Am I going to be able to walk out of here gracefully?" And sure enough when I got up to leave, my legs felt wooden. I did pretty well, but had to put my hand on Meoinda's shoulder a couple of times.
I've still been accepting deletions and insertions but am almost through. Still, nearing the end, I quit for the night. I want to read my mystery.
I don't know when I'll get back to my own mystery--maybe after the holidays? But Im reading interesting emails on Sisters in Crime, one of which suggested that too many wannabes (which I am in that genre)spend all their time on querying ad not enough on writing a quality book. Good advice. So even if I'm not working on it, I'm thinking about it.

No comments: