Monday, March 01, 2010

Are You Ready for Winter to End?

I think this is the endless winter. Cold rain and wind today, although the predicted snow flurries didn't seem to materialize unless I missed them hiding in my house. I heard that we can expect the possibility of snow for three more weeks, which is really weird--we always say March 15 is the safe date for planting, when there will be no more freezes, but not this year! It was the kind of day you want to hide in your bed all day and forget the world, though I did get out for lunch with Fred Erisman. We decided it was also a perfect day for split pea soup at Carshon's, though he chose lentil. We had a pleasant visit, discussed projects we're both working on, and talked about what worries us--tea parties and other things--but didn't solve the world's problems.
Other than that, I've really had a working day. The manuscript I thought I got off yesterday came back to bite me as I suspected it would--had to redo some notes and re-check one of the longer chapters. I think this may go on for a while. But I got an excerpt from a novel off to our editorial board, proposed a class on doing your own cookbook to Story Circle Network, and read most of a neighbor's manuscript. Will finish that off tonight and write up some notes for her.
Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and much warmer,and I have a bit of work to do at the office and a lunch date, so I'll get out. Last week I was too much of a recluse!

No comments: