Saturday, November 24, 2007

A rainy Saturday

Saturday night, and I'm watching a wonderful new program on PBS--"Celtic Woman." It's full of Celtic music--women singing and dancing and the most amazing woman dancing and playing the violin. Talk about multitasking--a much more difficult version of the old rub-your-belly and pat-your-head routine! But the music strikes a chord with me.
Earlier my neighbor, Sue, and her parents, visiting from Canada, came for barbeque and beans and we had a lively time with talk ranging from pets to religion and politics. I had the Christmas lights on and a fire in the fireplace, so we were cozy. Outside it was cold and rainy. When I let Scooby in tonight he was soaking wet--usually he doesn't get wet because he hides in his doghouse. I don't know what dragged him out into the rain tonight, but he was very glad to be inside.
This morning was one of those times I had to force myself to the grocery store--staying home, even staying in bed, was an enormous temptation. I went to the grocery and hardware and forgot about the other errands I intended to do. I'll save them for a sunny day. Tomorrow is supposed to be equally unpleasant--I'm to meet a friend for brunch and then go to Central Market for a few things. I really need to do some outdoor chores--pull up the basil which didn't survive the cold snap and put new decorations on my car, but those too will have to wait for better weather.
Meantime I'm enjoying the high clear sweet voices of the Celtic singers and the warmth of my house. Wish I had something more significant to say, but it's been that kind of a day.

No comments: