Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Get off your duff!

I started out the day in an absolutely fruitless dilemma, debating about the many things I had to do and which should be done first. Seriously, that dilemma went round and round in my mind while I checked email, ate breakfast, read the paper and read Facebook. Then all of the sudden, I got up, decided to tackle one thing at a time, and I had a great burst of energy and well-bring. Everything I did went well (even yoga) and before lunch I had accomplished all the chores I'd allocated to this morning. Lesson learned: get off your duff and get to work. Some of it was housework, some of it was writing related--but the important thing is I got it done. And I felt so much better about myself and the world. I tried to explain this to that lump of a dog--you know, the one who was full of energy at four in the morning but absolutely tapped out in the chair in my office by ten. She was unimpressed until I finally decided, close to eleven that it was time for her to go out, whether she wanted to or not.
So tonight I'll write my thousand words--daily requirement. And I got the evening off to a good start by fixing tuna pasties--I had a tube of biscuits left from Easter, pulled them into bigger sizes, added tuna mixture, and baked. So good! Watch for the recipe one Sunday soon on Potluck with Judy.

No comments: