Saturday, March 07, 2009

Blogging over a nice weekend

When I started this blog, I meant it to be serious--about writing, deep thoughts about writing and so on. I guess I'm not thinking deep thoughts these days because it's morphed into something that's mostly about "What I did today" and grandkids, often with the two mixed. Sometimes when I have a "deep thought" I jot it down for the next blog. One result of this switch to my daily activities is that I find my brother, John--happy birthday to him today!--and my friend Jeannie read the blog daily and feel like they're up on all my news, so I don't talk to them often unless I call. They need to remember I don't know what's going on with them:-)
But today it is all about grandchildren and relaxing. Jacob woke up in a bright mood this morning, ran around the house like a demon, chattering about my bronze buffalo tha he decided was his (his favorite cry is "Mine, mine!") and generally being energetically cheerful. Then suddenly as the energy had come, it vanished, and he lay on the couch watching TV and very docilely let me dress him--which he'd earlier vehementaly refused. Usually when he's here, I'm rushing around trying to get us both ready--him for his parents to pick up and me to head out on errands. But today the errands are all done, and I have this delightful window of time to laze around, watch the cooking channel, read that mystery on my desk, eat an early lunch and take an early nap--and then we're off to Frisco. What a nice day!
Tomorrow maybe I'll have some deep thoughts.

No comments: