Friday, October 24, 2008

Thanks goodness it's Friday

I can't tell you how delighted I am it's Friday. The last few mornings I have definitely NOT wanted to get out of bed, and I look forward to sleeping late tomorrow. This morning, with Jacob here, I was so off my routine I almost forgot to put the dog out, never did read the newspaper nor check emails, and felt completely thrown together when I got to the office. But I had both of us dressed and fed by the time Jordan came for him about 8:30. And he was in a lovely cheerful mood all morning, though I couldn't convince him that he should let sleeping cats sleep.
I wasn't at work long before it was time to go to the shoulder doctor, who said the injury is so old that sugery probably wouldn't help it, therapy is NOT the thing, and occasional cortisone shots may help. I do think it feels some better, not that I don't know it's there. But it doesn't hurt a lot nor hamper a lot of my movement. I told him I do yoga but just not poses that hurt that shoulder, and he said that was good. I've noticed this week how much better I feel when I do my yoga--noticed because I had skipped it one or two days. Too much going on, but I felt stiff and sore those days and when I do my routine, I feel better the next day. And my feet are, I think, really getting better and stronger.
The grocery store where I've shopped for over twenty years has changed hands. They closed two weeks ago, opened earlier this week, and I made my first visit. It's where I buy toilet paper and soap and staples, while I buy produce and meat at Central Market. The new store is completely rearranged--it was like being in a foreign country! I had to go up and down every aisle looking for what I wanted--some of the rearranging made good sense, but it will take time to adjust. The prices may be a bit higher, but the aisles are wider and it has a new air to it. I didn't look closely but the produce really looks better.
And tonight I brought a major project home from the office but then decided I'd ignored my novel too long. Sent out two queries on the first novel, and did a lot of work on the second. I'm still going back and strengthening, adding suspects and strengthening their motives, etc. I think I'm making it a lot better, but I also realize I need to move ahead and write new text. It's probably my weekend project.

No comments: