Monday, February 04, 2008

Rescued chili

Tonight Jordan and Jacob came for dinner. I reconstituted the chili--added more chili powder and cumin, salt and pepper, and another can of diced tomatoes. It truth, I had left out the serrano and jalapneo chilies, and I guess I needed to double the other seasonings to compensate. It was good, but Jordan declared she couldn't eat a whole bowl, and I forced my way through a smaller bowl. It was good, but as my colleague who doesn't eat red meat would say, it was "meat intensive." I threw the recipe away. But we had that delicious blue cheese salad and all was well with the world. I'm even too full for that last sliver of Toll House pie.
I'm practing using my new Sony Cybershot, a Christmas present, and so I sent Jordan and Jamie pictures of Jacob that I took tonight . I'd post them here if I knew how. Maybe Melinda will do it for me tomorrow and show me how.
A satisfying but unremarkable day, filled with budget and that sort of drudgery. The only bright spot was that Jordan brought Jacob to dinner--he was alternately charming and fussy. His Aunt Doodah (his father's sister) joined us for a glass of wine, and he brightened considerably at her presence.
I'm as curious as can be about Super Tuesday. From the emails and blogs I get, I think Obama is going to be the nominee. I will be happy with either of the Democratic candidates, and I'm glad they seem to have mended their fences somewhat.
I wish I had more to say, but that would be a puff. So I'll go back to finishing the P.D.James novel I'm wading through.

No comments: