Monday, July 23, 2018

Birthday memories and pictures




My proudest picture: Ten Alters in church with me

Well, it’s a wrap. I’m officially eighty years old and well celebrated. What a wonderful, exhausting weekend it was—filled with family, friends, and astounding food. I got hugs from everyone, and now I want to collect recipes from all who brought something. About nine-fifteen last night I found myself alone in the living room while a small group chattered in the kitchen. One of Jordan’s friends of whom I’m especially fond wandered in after I gestured to him, and I said, “I guess the party’s over.” We both laughed long and hard, but it was time to end the festivities. For those of you who tell me you like to follow my family, here are a few pictures, though I may scatter more in throughout the week.
Cutting the cake, with grandson ready to eat it

Christian

Jamie with his new puppy, who was clearly exhausted

Megan

Kegan, youngest grandchild, with a new and dramatic haircut

My brother and his son
my daughters
Jacob
Morgan

My sons in earnest discussion






No comments: