Thursday, February 01, 2018


Cottage full of kids
I have been in languor all day. The dictionary says that’s a state of tiredness or inertia. I say it’s exhaustion from worrying about my eye surgery, enduring it, and taking one pain pill. The surgery was not the walk in the park that I anticipated, but at least it’s over. Tomorrow I get the patch off, and all should be well.

Both my daughters and my younger son are here, which brightens the day immensely. We have just ordered food, and the girls have gone to get it. They will no doubt linger for a glass of wine while it’s bring prepared.

I have not done a lick of work again today. Yesterday, I was too worried; today I was too sleep. Tomorrow, most of the day, both girls will be around, I have the doctor’s appointment, and we sort of want to do a grocery run. No work again.

But then I’ll get back to my regular life. Gladly. This languor business is no fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Only doing one eye?

judyalter said...

Not cataract surgery, but a replacement of a lens implanted years ago. No problem with the other eye.

Unknown said...

Healing and work is just around the corner. Just like the writer you are you pinned a word."Languor" Avis

judyalter said...

Thanks, Avis. Hmmm--wondering how this post got titled 5:45. Is languor close to minimal dementia? Hope not. Feeling much better today.