Sunday, December 24, 2006

Update

Colin made it safely to Dumas Thursday night. Next morning, he had to turn south a bit because that road through Clayton and the northeast corner of New Mexico was closed. He went to Springer, picked up I-25 and was in Colorado Springs by noon Friday. But he'd lost a day of loading, and they didn't get out of the Springs until noon Saturday, which cancelled any thought of making it to Fort Worth. They stopped in Amarillo, and Lisa called about 8 to say they were almost halfway between Amarillo and Wichita Falls already and expect to be in Houston by mid-afternoon. They'll unload, spend the night in the new house, and then head to her folks' house for a traditional Christmas and--most important--a reunion with little Morgan. When I told Lisa that ten years from now she'd laugh about this, she said, "Oh, I know. I'm already laughing a bit."
I'll miss that Christmas hug from them that I'll be glad to have them settled in their new home--and it's so much closer than Colorado that I know I'll see them soon!
I hope everyone is tucked in safe and warm with someone they love this holiday. And in the joy of the occasion, let us also remember the gift to each of us that comes with Christmas.

No comments: