Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tonight is a hodge-podge post. I've actually written seven pages of a mystery, but not at all ready to talk about it, share it, any of that.
But I do want to share a recipe. My dear friend from high school, Barbara Ashcraft, sent me her stepmother's recipe for Mexican rice--she called it Luella's Rice. Mix 1 cup Minute Rice (don't use cooked regular--the moisture content is different), 1 can cream of celery soup (I sneaked--snuck?--that by Christian and he liked the rice a lot), 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup grated sharp cheddar, and 1 4-oz. can green chillies. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. You'll need to double it. I gave some to Jordan and Christian and they loved it; Lisa went out immediatley and bought the ingredients. Megan, with list in hand, met a friend in the grocery and shared it with her. I took it to a church potluck where it was a hit. This is a keeper, not to be missed.
On a totally different topic, the author of Triangle, Katherine Weber, left a comment on my blog that mentioned her book. She said the novel is definitely not about someone "finding herself" and wondered where I got that impression--it was from a review posted on amazon. But I wish Katherine had not posted anonymously and had left me some way to get back to her. I'd love to talk to her about it and the different interpretations of her book. Now I'll have to buy the book and find out for myself--after I finish reading the two new J. A. Jance mysteries I bought.
And speaking of that, Jeff Guinn, who hosted the evening with Jance, arrived at my office yesterday bearing a huge autographed blown-up poster of the jacket of her new book, Dead Wrong. "I figured you should have it," he said. Many thanks to Jeff--for a lot of things.

No comments: