Saturday, February 07, 2015

Lovely, lazy day

Today was one of those days that rarely happen to any of us over the age of, say, fifteen. I woke up knowing there was not one darn thing I absolutely had to do today. In fact, the world wouldn't fall apart if I stayed in bed all day. I didn't, but I slept late for me (7:45) and lounged through the morning with email, Facebook, and the skimpy Saturday newspaper. It was 10:45 by the time I had done my yoga, made the bed, and straightened the house a bit.
Spent the rest of the day doing what I wanted--reading edits at the computer, checking email, doing a little more on my taxes, and taking a good long nap. In fact, I woke up because Jacob was standing over me, poking me. Once again, I would tell you I only dozed because Sophie was enraged by something off and on, but I sure didn't hear Jacob and his dad come in. By the time he wakened me, he said he'd been here twenty minutes. We roughhoused with the dog on the bed (against my rules but I didn't feel like complaining), and I finally got going.
The day itself was beautiful--sunny, 70+ temperature, and gorgeous. I watered porch plants and saw the damage my laziness during cold weather had caused. Some will come back, others won't. Yes, it was a crime to be inside on the first gorgeous day in a while, but I was doing what I wanted to do--and that's a real luxury. Jacob and his parents went bike-riding and walked over the "really cool" new pedestrian bridge over the river. Tonight my mysterious neighbor seems to be having an outdoor party--tiki lights blazing in the backyard. Every once in a while I turn and stare at them--love those brilliant but controlled flames.
Even my meals were my favorites today--tuna sandwich, a dab of sweet potato salad and another dab of hummus, and sliced cucumber for lunch. For supper, Jacob and I had breakfast--scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. He's busy at his iPad, and I'm back to my computer.
The kind of day to thank the Lord for--peaceful, happy, and fulfilling. Now I'm off to write 1000 words on the work in progress (I hope).

No comments: