Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lazy, nice Sunday


This is Jacob this morning after he found some markers and I sat him at his play table with plenty of blank paper and a stern caution to draw only on the paper. Then I turned my back, which was my big mistake. I started to wash him and then decided I would leave it for his parents to see. He was so proud of himself, and they thought it was a hoot. By tonight most of it was gone.
Jordan came for Jacob about ten but hung around for an hour. I had been cooking in between checking on him, so by the time they left I only had to take a shower and eat lunch and my day was under way.
Tonight Jay went out to Jordan's about three and spent almost three hours helping her trim trees, etc.--Christian had gotten stuck at the restaurant with a huge party who drank their way through the afternoon, and he didn't get home until almost 6:30. By then Susan and I were out there, and I had put the enchilada casserole into the oven to heat. It's an unusual casserole in that it uses polenta slices instead of tortillas--much easier to put together. With it, I fixed a bean salad and it was a good meal, if I do say so. I blew all my Weight Watchers points though--actually not too badly. Polenta is nothing but corn meal and water, and I used ground buffalo for the meat sauce. Of course, I didn't have to have that second helping.
At least I'd done very well on points up until dinner--cottage cheese for breakfast, smoked salmon (1 oz.) and cream cheese (1 Tbsp) for one point each, plus a tomato and a half cup of raspberries, both no points, for lunch. I'm learning this system. Now I must school myself to be patient. I know weight doesn't drop off at ten lbs. a week or something wonderful like that.
Tomorrow back to the world of books, with lots of emails piled up that I have to deal with.

No comments: