Thursday, July 24, 2008

Straightening up my life


It's nine o'clock and I've frittered away another day--well, not at the office where I got a lot done, but at home, where I haven't done much. It seems odds and ends took up my day. But I decided this was the final clean-up day from the weekend. So if I saw something that needed to be picked up, moved, put away I did it, rather than putting it off for another time. I emptied the dishwasher--clean dishes for almost 24 hours and I hadn't yet emptied it! I took the clean linens out to the apartment--no I didn't put them on the bed, just got them out there. Put away the gifts that I was at a loss to store and stashed the wrappings for another time. The only thing I didn't find a home for are the two dishes shown here. The one with handprints was made by nine-year-old Maddie--she even used tape to get that green line just perfect. The smaller one was made by five-year-old Edie--that's a bumblebee in the middle. She used to be called Edie-bear and now she's called Beast, but either way it's often shorted to "B." So she thought a bumblebee would be perfect. Both dishes are inscribed on the back, and I'm as proud and happy about them as I can be. But I have to find the perfect, safe, chip-free place to put them--and I haven't found that yet. Otherwise, the house is in pretty good shape. And its blooming with flowers. Jordan arrived Monday with an arrangement of red roses and greens that she said Jacob just insisted on. That same day I got two arrangements from the New York Alters--when I thanked them I said I guessed the florist had goofed but Amy said she had. Didn't think the first order went through. So on my desk is a beautiful and striking arrangement of orange lilies and pink roses. I'd take a picture but I just developed technical difficulties--the wireless mouse and keyboard won't work. The TV in my office won't work either. Thank goodness Brandon, our electronic genius, is coming tomorrow.
For now, I quit.

No comments: