Monday, November 20, 2017

Jordan is my hero[ine?]


Jordan with Cricket and June Bug
(I call them Tweedledee and Tweedeldum)
Just one of those days. I had a most efficient packing list for my trip to Tomball (I’m leaving the Burtons to guard the compound but will take Sophie with me), but in putting things in my bag this morning, I lost the list. Jordan found it for me.

I couldn’t find a specific pair of pants I really wanted to take: Jordan found them for me.

When I came back from lunch, the friend who brought me doesn’t like to drive through the gate, and I had a fairly heavy package. With impeccable timing, Jordan drove up right behind us, carried my things in while I clomped across the uneven and treacherous pavement of the driveway. We had just had a nice lunch at The Tavern with my beta reader and his wife, sort of a gathering of old friends.

But my day wasn’t over: trying to get clothes out of the closet to assemble for my brief trip I got tangled in the vacuum cleaner cord, nearly fell, couldn’t get my walker untangled. Said a few choice words.

Feeding Sophie, I spilled dog food all over the kitchen floor. Have you ever thought about sweeping from a wheelchair? I got some swept up and dropped half of it, a pattern I seemed to repeat several times.

The day got better again when I went in the house to sit in front of the fire while Christian cooked dinner—a delicious salmon recipe. The fire, the food, and the company soothed me after my…ah…unusual day.
Tonight's salmon

I think I need a vacation from being on permanent vacation.

No comments: