Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Nothing to say

No blog tonight. I'm not in the right frame of mind. But I will say I had an interesting "first" today--I hard-boiled some eggs to devil, and when I shelled and cut them, one had two yolks. I don't think I've ever seen that before, and I will say it made it hard to devil.
Tried a deviled egg recipe I'd found in a cooking magazine--horseradish and vinegar as well as mustard and mayo, then top with bread crumbs and broil. I really wondered about the broiling but thought what the heck--I'll try it. Not a success. My guests did not eat heartily. More popular was the goat cheese log with wasabi paste. So the egg recipe went into the recycling bin.
I did have a nice visit with two good friends. Christian came to get Jacob and chatted for a while, and then Jacob was persuaded to show off some of his moves. He's still got it!
Sorry--perhaps more interesting stuff tomorrow night.

No comments: