Saturday, May 17, 2008

Broomsticks

I bought a new broomstick today. Not a broom, just the stick. This may not sound like a big deal to many people, but it is to me. I had the stick to an old mop that had come apart. I kept that stick on the porch, and it was my gardening stick--it gave me balance when I went into the yard. Last weekend, it disappeared, and I accused Jordan and Christian of pirating it away so Jacob wouldn't get it. They deny it vehemently, but I don't know who would take an old plastic stick with a broken and sharp end. But now, for a mere $4, I have a neat new wooden "garden stick." I am completely happy--and have little excuse for not doing my ten minutes of gardening a day. That's the kind of gardener I am, mostly because the bending and stooping makes my back hurt. Fortuntely mine is a small yard.
Had my third yoga lesson today and did things I didn't think I could. Elizabeth says I did very well, and I sure felt a lot of those postures pull at my muscles--in a good way. As everyone has always told me, yoga is hard work. In several poses, such as down dog, my muscles quiver from the exertion. But I feel a real sense of accomplishment from it and intend to keep at it. It was a great lift to have Elizabeth say that my confidence and balance are better than three weeks ago when I started.
I've had mysteries rattling around in my brain again today. I thought maybe if I hadn't heard from that agent, I should a) send a proposal to more agents, and b) start work on a new book. The latter puzzles me. I think, Okay, I'll write about a senior sleuth. But I like the two little girls in the book that's out and hate to abandon them. And there's that ditzy old aunt from another manuscript--could I incorporate her? This morning I resolved that you had to have the murder first--people kill for love or money. Which would it be? I know it's good that these ideas are floating around in my brain. Some day I'll have an "Aha!" moment. Hope it's soon.

No comments: