Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Maddie's Tall Cake

This past weekend, Maddie made a cake--okay with a smidgeon of help from her three-year-old sister and a lot more from me, but she claims it. And when she was done, she said in awestruck tones, "That's the tallest cake I ever saw." The recipe is a keeper but forever on in my house it will be Maddie's Tall Cake. It came from a magazine sent out by Kraftfoods.com, but I don't think they'd mind my sharing it since it uses their products.


Make a devil's food cake from a mix; bake in 9" round pans. Cool, and put one layer, top side down, on the cookie dish. Cover with a filling of

16 oz. Cool Whip
8 oz. cream cheese
12 Oreo cookies

That does make a lot of filling and is what makes the cake tall.

Then put the second layer on, bottom side down, and glaze just the top with 4 oz. melted chocolate melted with 1/4 cup butter.


Easy, pretty, and delicious! Hats off to Maddie!

No comments: