Saturday, July 15, 2006

Judy's Stew

Five days after my first post I have decided no one reads blogs. There are so many, that it's hard to find the ones you want, the ones that interest you. I keep meaning to study the blogs of people with interests similar to mine--but like everyone else, I'm busy. Another reason nobody reads blogs.
I'm not sure anyone but the family and friends I notified have read mine. I was bold enough not only to email friends far and wide about the blog but to suggeset they put it on their favorites. Only three people have left a comment--all my children. I discovered today though that you have to sign up with blogger.com before you can leave a comment. Explains the few friends who said they tried and got kicked out.
Haven't figured out why the link doesn't always work. Maybe that's next.
I'm not giving this up though. I figure I've learned a lot about blogging in a short time, and I can learn more.
My family started one before I did, and there was not much action on it. I asked my oldest daughter if she looked at it and she said no. "What's on it?" she asked. I replied, "Well, I'm having this one way conversation with myself." That made her laugh aloud.
This morning I posted something about no one using the site, and within hours my son-in-law posted two audio-clips of my grandson (I can't tell what he's saying in either one, but then the whole family tells me I'm going deaf--or not going but am!) and my daughter-in-law posted news about my youngest granddaughter.
So maybe there's hope yet. I know blogging is a whole new world, just as email once was. I'm determined.

No comments: